Happy St. Patrick’s Day
Nothing like a french bread clover covered in cinnamon sugar to start your St. Patrick’s Day morning. This is really easy to make and pretty darn yummy too.
All you need to make french bread clovers is a tube of Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf, melted butter, ground cinnamon and sugar. Instead of greasing my cookie sheet I placed mine on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven per instructions on the tube.
- Cut 5 long strips of the Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf.
- Leave about 2 inches at one end for the clover stem, then loop the strip as shown in the upper left photo.
- Create the second loop as shown in the upper right photo.
- Create the third loop as shown in the lower left photo, tuck the end of the strip under the loop near the center so it cannot be seen.
- Bake until golden brown. Mine took about 12 minutes.
- While baking mix ground cinnamon and sugar as desired and melt enough butter to brush on top of each clover.
- Once baking is complete brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
You can leave your clover plain too or instead of sprinkling cinnamon sugar on top you can add parmesan cheese, or garlic salt to eat with dinner.