Bunny Easter Egg or Treat Holder
How cute will this Easter egg or treat holder look sitting at each persons table setting for Easter brunch. You can fill it with a personalized decorated egg to use as a place card or fill it with chocolates for an after brunch treat. It’s really simple to make and I’m certain your guest will love the added touch.
Supplies Used: Tim Holtz Alterations Easter Elements Sizzix Die, Matt Board, Floral Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz Distress Paint Abandoned Coral & Cracked Pistachio, Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Glitz, Self Adhesive Pearls, Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Tools Needed: Scissors, Big Shot or Cuttlebug, Paintbrush, Paper Trimmer with Scoring Tool
- Using a Big Shot or Cuttlebug die, Matt Board and the Easter Elements die, die cut two bunnies and two bows.
- Using a Big Shot or Cuttlebug and Floral Embossing Folder, emboss matt board bunnies. NOTE: If you want your bunnies to have the embossed image on both outer sides make sure you flip one bunny the opposite direction before embossing.
- Using a paper trimmer, cut a piece of matt board to 2″ x 2.5″
- Place your 2″ x 2.5″ mat board piece horizontally on your paper trimmer and scor at .5″, 1.0″, 1 5/8″, 2″
- Using Abandoned Coral Distress Paint, paint the front and back of both bunnies and scored matt board, let dry.
- Using a paintbrush and Dina Wakley Media Glitz Heavy Body Acrylic Paint, paint the embossed flowers on the front and back of both bunnies, let dry.
- Using Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint, paint the front and back of both bows, let dry.
- Accent the edges of the bow using Dina Wakley Media Glitz Heavy Body Acrylic Paint, let dry.
- Place Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue on the top horizontal edge of the scored matt board piece, attach one painted bunny. Hold in place for a few minutes to allow the glue to grab. NOTE: I placed both bunnies so the embossed flowers were on the outside.
- Place Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue on the bottom horizontal edge of the scored matt board piece, attach remaining bunny. Hold in place for a few minutes to allow the glue to grab.
- Place Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue on one bow and attach to bunny, accent with a self adhesive pearl.
- Flip the last bow over making sure it is opposite of the one attached so you get a mirror image, place Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue on the bow and attach to bunny, accent with a self adhesive pearl.
- Place Easter grass inside and fill with goodies. I didn’t fill mine with a treat for the photo because well, I haven’t bought any Easter candy as I’m not trustworthy and will eat it all before Easter.