So This Is Love ~ Tag
The star of this tag is one of my new handmade Penny Candy Dolls. I think she is the perfect accent for this tag and I must admit she is one of my favorites. If you want to recreate a tag for yourself or a friend I put together a step by step tutorial just for you.
Supplies Needed: Manila Tag, Vintage Music Sheet, White Crepe Paper, Chipboard Heart, Dina Wakley Media Ruby Acrylic Paint, Maya Road Red Glitter, Platinum Stickles, Diamond Stickles, Small Red Flocked Flower, Brown & White Twine, 3 Crocheted Doilies, DoodleBug Rhinestones, White Embroidery Floss, Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue, Fabric Tac Fabric Adhesive, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter, Handmade Penny Candy Doll, Small Alphabet Stamp Set, Jet Black Archival Ink
Tools Needed: Scissors, Paper Trimmer, Paintbrush, Tweezers, Scallop & Zig Zag Decorative Scissors, Sewing Needle, Non-Stick Craft Matt
- Using a glue stick adhesive attach vintage sheet music to the front of a manila tag. Using a paintbrush apply Multi Medium over the sheet music and generously apply Crystal Coarse Glitter, press into place and tap off excess glitter. Accent the edges of the tag using Platinum Stickles. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a piece of crepe paper to 24″ in length. Thread a sewing needle with three strands of white embroidery floss, at the end of the piece of crepe paper and about an 1/8″ from the edge begin to gather the crepe paper piece, once you get to the opposite end pull both ends of the floss tightly and double knot. Fold the crepe paper into what looks like a flower bud (gathered edge on bottom, open edge on top) then using decorative zig zag scissors trim about 1/8″ off the top non-sewn edge. Accent the edge of the crepe paper rosette using Platinum Stickles, let dry.
- Using Scallop decorative scissors cut out a heart from chipboard, using a paintbrush and Dina Wakley Media Paint in Ruby, paint heart. Once dry, apply Diamond Glaze to the front of the heart, generously apply Maya Road Red Glitter, tap off excess and let dry. Once dry accent the scallop edges of the heart using Platinum Stickles, let dry.
- Using Fabric Tac attach the 3 crochet doilies down the center of the tag. Accent the center of the top and bottom doily with a red self adhesive rhinestone.
- Using Tacky Glue attach the crepe paper rosette to the tag as shown, then attach the glittered heart to the center of the crepe paper rosette, using Tacky Glue attach the Penny Candy Doll to the heart, then a small flocked flower to the doll’s hand that is accented with a small twine bow.
- Using a small alspha stamp set, stamp “So This Is Love” onto the blank areas of the sheet music using Jet Black Archival Ink, cut out each word, ink edges with the same ink and accent using Diamond Stickles. Attach the words to the glittered heart as shown using Tacky Glue.
This tag can be used as a gift tag, attached to the front of a card or even framed for a beautiful piece of Valentine’s Day art.