Sharing A Make’N Take
This altered chalkboard stand is the make’n take Caroline with Maya Road had me teaching, last weekend at Scrapbook Expo in Grapevine. It was super popular so I thought I would share it with you blog readers.
Supplies Needed: Chalkboard Stand, Twine Cording Ginger Root Brown, Vintage Felt Posies ~ Carnation, Leaves, Trinket Pins ~ Vintage Round Pearl, Strips of Patterned Paper, Alpha Stamp Set, Archival Ink
Tools Used: Scissors, Hot Glue Gun & Hot Glue Stick
- Using Archival Ink and an alpha stamp set, stamp your word onto a strip of patterned paper.
- Using a hot glue gun and hot glue stick, attach a leaf and word strip to the back of the felt flower.
- Cut a piece of twine cording long enough to create a bow, attach bow to back of felt flower as shown.
- Accent flower embellishment with a round pearl trinket pin.
- Using a hot glue gun and hot glue stick, attach flower embellishment to front of chalkboard as shown in photo.
NOTE: If you want to use this as an actual chalkboard make sure to cure it by rubbing chalk all over the chalkboard area and wipe clean using a paper towel. Now it’s ready for you to write on.