Mom’s Sugar Cookies
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2-3 Tablespoon Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; beat until blended.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add sifted mixture of flour, salt and baking powder alternately with milk; mix well.
- Chill dough until firm 15-30 min.
- Roll to a 1/4-inch thickness on floured surface.
- Cut with 4 to 5-inch cookie cutter.
- Arrange on greased cookie sheet or one that is lined with parchment paper. I prefer parchment paper.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Mom’s oven is 5 min. mine is 7 min.
- Cool cookies on cooling racks completely then add icing.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 Dozen Cookies.
Icing: 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, 2-3 Tablespoons Milk, 1 Cap-full of Vanilla Extract
Directions: Mix ingredients together using a fork. My icing is a glaze so it’s runny. If you want yours thicker add a bit more powdered sugar. Before the icing is dry add sprinkles if you want. Allow iced cookies to dry on cooling racks. Once dry you can sift powdered sugar over the cookies.
If you like sugar cookies you are going to love this recipe. It’s all I can do to NOT make a batch daily. Enjoy!