Red Velvet Cookies with Peppermint Icing
These cookies are so easy to make and are perfect to take to the office, give to neighbors and will of course put super big smiles on the faces of all your family members. Everyone will be coming back for more. My family likes medium sized cookies so I get 24 – 28 cookies per batch.
Ingredients: 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix, 2 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Oil, Ande’s Peppermint Crunch Thins (one small package), 3 Peppermint Candy Canes
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, eggs and oil
- Form small/Medium sized balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
While cookies are baking
- Unwrap Ande’s Peppermint Crunch Thins (one small package)
- Place 3 Candy Canes into a ziploc baggie, seal and gently crush candy canes. I used an ice cream scoop as a hammer.
Icing Your Cookie
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven place one unwrapped Ande’s Peppermint Crunch Thin on the center of each cookie.
- Let the Ande’s Peppermint Crunch Thin sit until soft. This only takes a few minutes.
- Once the Ande’s Peppermint Crunch Thin is soft, spread the candy on top of the cookie and sprinkle with crush candy canes.
- Let sit until the candy icing is firm
Enjoy, these are amazing.