These ornaments were first blogged about on December 13, 2007 and are an easy and fun ornament to make for an ornament exchange, to give as a housewarming gift using their family photo or attached to gifts for family and friends. Just one thing though, be careful… these are very fragile! I know first hand because I broke one. I think I’m going to look for some clear plastic ornaments as they will be more durable.
Supplies Needed: Clear Ornaments, Transparency, Maya Road Rubons, Ribbon, Faux Snow
Tools Needed: Coluzzle (circle), Scissors
- Print wallet sized photos in greyscale onto transparency
- Cut out photo using your Coluzzle or other form of circle cutter to appropriate size for your ornament
- Roll up transparency and place inside of ornament (you might need to flatten it out just a bit once it is inside the ornament, I used the eraser on a pencil)
- Add Faux Snow to inside of ornament
- Using Rubons place a word or date along the front of the ornament
- Tie a bow to the hanger
Enjoy, now you have an adorable personalized holiday ornament.