I’ve been searching through my “Blog Archives” and thought I would re-post this cute holiday ornament that was originally posted on December 3, 2006. It’s a fun holiday craft that’s perfect for any age. Getting the triangles just right is a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it this project moves along quite fast.
Supplies Needed: Patterned Paper, 2″ Circle Punch (I used the Whale of a Punch), Adhesive, Craft Stick, Ribbon, Eyelet, Jump Ring, Embroidery Floss, Stickles (Crystal)
Tools Used: Crop-a-dile, Scissors
- Punch out 10– 2 in. circles. See Image One
- Fold up the edges of each circle so that you form a triangle in the center of each circle. See Image Two
- Glue 5 of the folded circles together making sure the tops of the triangles are pointing up in order to form a circle. Make sure to match up the points of the triangles when adhering them together. This will give you a nice tight lollipop center. Once the 5 folded circles are glued together it will make a dome. See Image Three
- Repeat step 3.
- Glue the two domes together to complete your lollipop. Make sure to leave an opening large enough at the bottom where two circles connect so you can slide your craft stick into bottom of ornament.
- Glue craft stick to lollipop. See Image Four
- Tie Ribbon around craft stick.
- Set an eyelet in the top center area of your lollipop.
- Attach your jump ring.
- Thread embroidery floss through jump ring and tie in a double knot.
- Use stickles to accent your ornament, let dry.
Several of these can be created to decorate your tree, gift bags, presents etc. The possibilities are endless.