Fun Getting To Know You Christmas Questions
Here are some fun getting to know you Christmas questions you can share with friends and family at a family gathering or party. I always find it interesting in how others celebrate the holiday season. If you don’t celebrate Christmas you can easily change the questions to fit your holiday celebration. My sister and her family arrive late tonight and I cannot wait to have some fun with everyone. You know I’m on “best weekend ever” notice for Madelyn and Isabella. I LOVE being their aunt. I have a weekend of fun all planned out that includes lots of hot chocolate, s’mores, cookie baking, holiday light looking and presents. It’s going to be a fabulous weekend.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? This year it’s all about Gift Bags.
2. Real tree or artificial? We have an Artificial Tree
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Well one year it was MARCH! It’s just not as fun taking it down as it is putting it up.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but my Dad’s is my favorite.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was around 4 or 5 I got a Sketchy Doll (the name is something like that) I loved that doll and my Dad found one for me on eBay and surprised me. You can read about it here.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No
8. Hardest person to buy for? My DAD! Sorry Dad but it is true.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My niece, Isabella. Littlest Pet Shops all the way.
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? Honestly, I have never received a gift I didn’t like.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I feel some things should be done the “old fashioned” way and mailing Christmas Cards is one of them but this year I have not sent out a one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December and yes I tell myself every year that I am not going to wait until December to start shopping and here I sit once again still shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Mom’s Peanut Butter Fudge and Beer Sausage and my Chewy Chocolate cookies and Pecan Sandies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I’ve always had and loved white lights but Ansley has talked me into C7 colored lights like they have on the trees in Hollister, one of her past favorite stores and now we have red and white lights to enhance our peppermint tree theme.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Holy Night is my absolute favorite and it doesn’t matter who sings it.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Have traveled pretty much every year to mom and dad’s house.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Well of course I can.. you know my Dad is Santa don’t you?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, this year I have 3 really long peppermint ornaments and a cluster of red shiny ornaments on top.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When the girls were little we opened one on Christmas eve and the rest Christmas morning, now we celebrate on Christmas Eve. I love the room dark with just the glow from our tree and a few years ago it actually snowed here on Christmas Eve. It was the most magical Christmas ever and one I will never forget.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people just don’t get this at all. I understand we are all stressed but being rude certainly doesn’t make it any better.
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? We don’t have one that is really silly.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I think the long thinly cut silver tinsel that was supposed to drape down from the trees branches to look like icicles.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I love both
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar Cookies to me, Gingerbread is for Houses
27. Do you like Fruitcake? NO