DIY Sugar Body Scrub
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (solid jar form not liquid form)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar (I used Imperial Pure Cane Sugar but you can use Raw Sugar if you want a coarser scrub)
- 10 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Peppermint Essential Oi
- Place coconut oil into medium sized microwave safe bowl for 25-30 seconds to melt.
- Add essential oils to melted coconut oil and stir.
- Add sugar to coconut oil and stir until mixed well.
This sugar scrub makes enough to fill a small mason jar and one large medicine bottle, I know odd choice but it’s all I could find to hold the excess sugar scrub. This sugar scrub is not overly oily which is how I like my sugar scrubs. If you prefer more oil in your body scrubs you can increase the amount of coconut oil used or add small amounts of Sweet Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil to the mixture. I’ve had some body scrubs that I had to mix before using as it had about an inch of oil sitting on the top. This is just too much oil for my liking. Plus you had to hold on for dear life when getting out of the tub or shower it was so slippery.
NOTE: This sugar scrub will still make your shower floor or bath tub a bit slippery so be careful when getting out.
I put some of this sugar scrub in a container a.k.a. medicine bottle and use it as a lip scrub which is super yummy. All you do is apply the sugar scrub to your lips, gently rub the sugar on your lips and lick off the sugar. Then I applied some of the peppermint lip gloss I made and man my lips are soft.
I keep the small mason jar filled with sugar scrub next to my bath tub and just scoop some out of the jar as needed. First, I rub it between my hands just a bit so it warms up the coconut oil then I rub it on my legs, knees, arms and elbows. When getting out of the tub I pat myself dry and have the softest skin.
This sugar scrub also works as a great foot scrub. I’m thinking about making one with just peppermint essential oils to use on days my feet are tired and need a wonderful cooling off pick me up.