Solitude Leather Bracelet
I made this bracelet the other night and love it so much I thought I would share a quick tutorial so you too can make one. Just a little note… the crystal and pearl beads are from old necklaces I’ve found in thrift shops or flea markets and the gold heart charm and red and gold glass bead are some mom and dad found. You can find similar items I’m sure but if you really want that vintage charm you need to dig around thrift shops and flea markets for items you can take apart.
- Cut a piece of 15m Suede leather cord that is double the length you wish your bracelet to be.
- Fold the cord in half, at the bent end about .5″ down from the bent area wrap tightly a piece of 24 gauge gold wire at least 10 times around to create a loop as shown on the right end of the bracelet in the photo.
- Bend the opposite two ends of the leather cord in half to create another loop and repeat the step above. If the ends are sticking out more than you want just trim them off after you have completed the wire wrapping.
- Wire wrap your beads onto both leather cord pieces making sure you alternate the beads positions on the cord (meaning you do not want all the beads on the same piece of cord) 5 crystal beads, 3 pearl beads in varying sizes and one glass heart bead.
- Attach the large heart charm onto both pieces of leather cord. Using multi medium attach a word cut out from a vintage book to the hearts center.
- Attach a monogram charm and closure.