Doggie Name Tag
After caring for our grand dog Lola last week, I decided she needed a girly name tag and collar. She gets called a HE way too many times. The hardest part of the entire creative process was hammering out the dime I used for the name tag. If you want to make one for your dog here is a quick tutorial. If you missed my “Stamped Penny Charm” tutorial you might want to check this tutorial out as well. It’s a fun one.
Supplies & Tools Needed: ImpressArt Bench Block ~ Brass Hammer ~ 2 Hole Screw Down Punch ~ Metal Letter Stamps ~ Stamp Straight Tape ~ Half Round Pliers, Dime, Jump Ring, Maya Road Pearl Bead Chain, Maya Road Iridescent Rhinestone Trim
- Place dime on bench block and hammer until flattened.
- Metal Stamp your dogs name onto your disk. ImpressArt has some great stamping tutorials that can be found HERE.
- I left the lettering as is but you can apply black paint on top of the metal stamped letters to make them more prominent. If you do this make sure to get the paint down into each stamped letter then wipe off excess with a dry paper towel.
- Using a 2 Hole Screw Down Punch, punch a hole into the top of your disk.
- Attach a jump ring onto the disk.
- Using E6000 attach one rhinestone from some Maya Road iridescent rhinestone trim just below the dogs name.
If you don’t want to flatten a dime you can use any of the Blank Metal Disks by ImpressArt to create your metal stamped charm.
I think Lola is going to look so cute wearing her new name tag and a bit more girly.