Faux Polaroid Ornaments
This ornament is going to do some serious sparkling on the tree as I covered each Maya Road Photo Frame Chipboard piece with iridescent glitter. It shimmers and sparkles beautifully and will look gorgeous when the tree is lit at night. If you want to make an ornament like this one or similar ornaments below are the products I used.
Maya Road Photo Frames Chipboard, Maya Road Cloud White 1″ Ink Pad, Iridescent Glitter, Diamond Glaze, Red & White Twine, Red Mini Gingham Trim,1 Holly & Berry Pick, 1 Gold Jingle Bell, Black & White Photos, Black Cardstock, Glue Stick, Strong Liquid Adhesive, Scissors, Sanding Block
Step Out for Making This Ornament:
- Remove center square from photo frame and set aside.
- Apply white ink to the photo frame, place Diamond Glaze over the top of the white ink, generously sprinkle iridescent glitter on top, tap off excess glitter and let dry.
- Apply glue stick adhesive to the square, attached photo, sand edges.
- Place square back into photo frame.
- Apply glue stick adhesive to the back of the photo frame and attach black cardstock. I decided on black since that is the color on the back of old Polaroid pictures.
You can layer the ornaments onto each other as I did and accent it using a holly leaves and berry pick that I accented with a red and white gingham bow. The hanger is created from red & white twine accented with a small gold jingle bell.