A Kiss on the Chic’s Creative Retreat ~ Bellagio
After an hour and a half of entertainment from our driver from Milan to Bellagio Caroline and I arrived at Laura’s event “A Kiss on the Chic’s Creative Retreat”. Ladies really I know there is going to be a waiting list to attend next summer’s event so as soon as Laura goes live with her Summer 2013 event sign up ASAP! You will be so sad to miss out on her next event.
Laura was so organized. She had a yahoo group for those attending her event so we could all be kept up on all the fun details. Make sure you join the group so you don’t miss out on any information she shares. Laura notified everyone when she noticed airfare deals were being offered, shared fun facts about Lake Como, put together an amazing packing list for you to use and so much more. I hope you all know me well enough now to know I do not recommend anything or use any product I do not firmly believe in or use myself. This event was AMAZING!
So I guess it’s time to tell you about day one September 18th, in Bellagio. The event actually started on the 15th but since I was teaching at ScrapFest I joined a few days late. From the photos you can certainly tell it is gorgeous.
- This is the view Caroline and I saw as our driver drove us up to the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni. Yes my eyes bugged out of my head and my mouth dropped wide open. I had seen photos of the hotel but seeing it in person is simply amazing!
- This is the road that leads up to our apartment. STUNNING is all I can say.
- This is the view from our apartment window. Each morning we would open the windows to church bells and an amazing sunrise. It is simply amazing to hear the town come to life in the morning.
- This was the view right out of our door. We looked right out onto Lake Como.
- Caroline and I took a short nap well if you call a four hour nap short but we had been traveling for 24 hours. I was pooped! Once we got up we headed out for a little walk around town.
- This is another view of Lake Como from our apartment window. The mountains were gorgeous especially when the sun was rising and setting each day.
- This adorable scene is what we looked at while eating dinner outside at a cafe. I loved the look of the vines, potted flowers and bicycle mixed with the sound of the water fountain next to them.
- Of course I had to have a diet coke photo to go along with the one I took while in Mykonos, Greece. The caffeine was much needed.
- This is another view from the cafe where we ate dinner. I loved the color of the building and shutters with the wall covered with vine and potted flowers. I would have loved to have seen what was behind that door.
- After dinner we walked around some more and got some Gelato… that was a no brainer for sure.
- Loved all the stairways… make sure you start walking now… you WILL walk up more stairways than you can imagine.
- A cute view during our walk. Well actually every where you look is a cute view.
- Another amazing view on our walk. Seriously every single view is a picture postcard view.
- We watched the sun set behind the mountains and finished our first day in Bellagio, Italy.
That night, once Caroline and I got to bed we kept hearing this bang outside. So me being me I had to find out what and where this noise was so I got up to look out the window and what did I see… the most AMAZING fireworks display overlooking the hotel and Lake Como. It was the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen. We found out the next day it was for a wedding being held at the hotel, which explained why I saw that afternoon flower petals being thrown out of an airplane over the hotel. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because I was so tired but nope… rose petals truly fell from the plane… CRAZY!
Day two is tomorrow… wait until you see the classroom I taught in… the only word I can think of to describe it is AMAZING and I know I am wearing this word out fast!