A Kiss on the Chic’s Creative Retreat ~ Bellagio Day 3
September 20th, everyone got up bright and early to ride the ferry from Bellagio to Como to do some site seeing and and of course some much needed shopping. The ferry ride down to Como was filled with beautiful sites all along to way.
- Photo 1 was the view of Lake Como from our front door. I loved hearing the church bells chime and watching the sun rise and highlightthe mountains.
- Photos 2, 3 and 4 were taken at the Ferry landing in Bellagio. It is just a short walk from the hotel and really pretty first thing in the morning.
- Photos 5, 6 and 7 were taken while riding the ferry down to Como. I’m not kidding when I say every single second you want to take a photo.
- Photos 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 where taken of the Cathedral of Como (Duomo). You could spend days photographing this cathedral. The architecture and detailing are stunning. It was built over several centuries, from 1396-1770. and is in mixed Renaissance and Gothic styles. You can read more about the Como Cathedral HERE.
- Photos 13, 14, 15, 16, 20 and 21 were taken while Caroline and I were wandering the streets and shops.
- Photo 17 is inside the Municipio building.
- Photo 18 is part of the Broletto.
- Photo 19 is the Teatro Sociale. It is right behind the Cathedral.
- Photo 22 is of the statue of Alessandro Volta.
After we returned to Bellagio from our wonderful time in Como we had a few hours to walk around Bellagio, then get ready for dinner at Al Veluu in Tremezzo which was located across Bellagio on Lake Como.
- Photos 1, 2 and 3 were taken of Bellagio while waiting for the ferry. The sun was beginning to set and the lighting was gorgeous.
- Photos 4 and 5 were taken from the ferry. Photo 4 is of our hotel from across the lake.
- Photos 6 and 7 I took while waiting for our drivers to pick us up and take us to Al Veluu.
- Photos 8, 9 and 10 is the view we had from our dinner table.
- Photo 11 is of me and our roomie Chris Bardsley. She is from the UK and Caroline and I just loved sharing a room with her. She was so fun.
- Photos 12 and 13 are just a few photos of the inside of Al Veluu. It was simply amazing (yes I know this word is so being over used but honestly it is amazing)
- After dinner we all loaded ourselves back into the vans to the ferry and road the it back to Bellagio with full tummies and loads of memories. One amazing thing we all got to see while sitting at our table was a proposal. It was so sweet and I wish that adorable happy couple who ever they are the best life has to offer. We all cheered and clapped for the newly engaged couple to which the groom to be gave us a thumbs up and the bride to be waved her hand, which was now adorned with an engagement ring then wiped her tears. It was truly special.
- Once we were back in Bellagio, Caroline, Laura, Victoria and I went to the music room in the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni and listened to the musicians. Photos 14 and 15 are just a glimpse of this gorgeous room. Chatting and laughing with beautiful music in the background was the perfect way to end our day.
- Photo 16 is a map of Lake Como. Bellagio is located in the middle of the upside down “Y”. Tremezzo is directly across from Bellagio and Como is located at the bottom left of the upside down “Y”.
Tomorrow, I will share with you all that we did the last day of the event. I did not want it to end and none of us wanted to leave.