A Kiss on the Chic’s Creative Retreat ~ Bellagio Day 2
September 19th was day 2 of the retreat for me and Caroline. Classes started at 9:30 and I instantly started photographing the classroom. It was absolutely stunning. The opened windows allowed for a gentle breeze to enter the room as well as the sounds of birds and church bells. The group of ladies who attended this retreat were wonderful, fun and full of joy. It was a true pleasure to get to know each and every one and I hope our paths cross again.
- Photos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 show just how amazing the classroom was… well as amazing as I could capture it in a photo. Honestly, these do not do this room justice at all. Seeing it in person is awe inspiring. All the details from floor to ceiling made it near impossible for me to focus. I wanted to capture every single detail.
- After the first class was finished we ate lunch poolside at the hotel. Photos 7, 9 and 10 show how beautiful the walk down to the pool and sitting poolside for lunch was.
- The hotel is surrounded with gorgeous flowers and greenery at every single turn. Photos 8, 12 and 13 are just a few examples of the many flowers you will see.
- After lunch I taught my class “Neapolitan Rose ~ Altered Cuff and Bib Necklace” . It was fun watching the ladies put together their pieces as each were so unique. I always find it fun to give people the same supplies and see how many different versions of the same project people create. This class was filled with vintage shell buttons, handmade crocheted doilies and yoyo’s by my mom, vintage baubles and loads of Maya Road flowers.
- After I finished teaching I headed up to my room and unexpectedly fell asleep so I slept through the 3rd class. Caroline made it to class though while I snoozed away. I’m glad it was not my turn to teach. Yikes, although I know Caroline would have booted me out of bed. Photos 11 and 14 show how pretty it is walking along the path to our room. Right now Texas is so dry that seeing flowers and greenery was such a welcomed sight to my eyes.
- And photo 15 is another photo for my “Traveling Apron” project. Ignore the swollen feet and notice the gorgeous tile flooring. I would LOVE to have this flooring in our home.
Once the last class of the day was finished we headed out for dinner. Caroline and I ate with a group of ladies from the retreat and had loads of fun. We laughed so much and enjoyed their company greatly.
- Photo 1 was taken along our walk to the restaurant.
- Photos 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 were taken at the awesome place we ate. It was called Ristoro Forma & Gusto. I think Caroline and I ate a caprese salad every single day we were in Italy. We shared a calzone and pizza which were both so good. The one thing I loved about eating in Italy was everything wasn’t greasy or over salted as it is here in the US.
- After dinner we all walked around the streets of Bellagio and got some gelato at Gelateria del Borgo. You MUST get gelato from this place. I loved how they put a meringue cookie on top of mine. I could have had one of each and every single treat that was offered in this shop but the thought of having Caroline drag me up and down the many hills and sets of stairs to burn off all those calories kept me at one purchase. Photos 7, 8, 9 and 10 show all the yummies you could get.
- After we all made our purchase we wander around the streets for a bit. Photos 11, 12 and 13 show just a tad bit of what Bellagio looks like at night. This place is simply magical.