Artistic Journey 2012 Sneak Peeks
Check Out The Project Peeks For Artistic Journey!
Artistic Journey 2012 is brought to you by The Crafty Scrapper. This event features 3 of Maya Road’s designers and they are set to inspire you to try new techniques and learn new things on your Artistic Journey.
Check out the details below for peeks of each of the fabulous 3 hour classes. We have a special make and take that you will love for our Friday meet and greet! So join us on this Artistic Journey, October 5th – October 7th, 2012.
We Want To Learn About The Teachers And See Peeks Of Their Classes!
Meet Dina Wakley:
Dina Wakley lives Arizona with her husband and three boys. She love everything about art…making it, talking about it, teaching it. Dina discovered scrapbooking in 1995. Scrapbooking led to stamping, which led to collage, which led to mixed-media and art journaling. Dina is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where I give school kids tours of the museum and get them excited about art. You can find my online classes and blog at http://dinawakley.com.
Dina will be teaching you to Fly with Art Journaling Class using the new Maya Road Linen Journal. Learn from Dina’s unique style using Maya Mists, stencils, masks, stamps and more. Whether you are a beginner or not in Art Journaling, Dina will show you how to take it to the next level.
Look… it’s ME:
I will be teaching you how to dress for success in my French Couture Class. From glazes to chicken wire and tons of Maya Road embellishments, you will alter and create a beautiful 12″ tall dress form that can be displayed in your crafting room or any area of your home.
Meet Angella Peardon:
Angella lives in Toowoomba which is in sunny Queensland, Australia with her wonderful husband, beautiful daughter and a son who never stops.She is a design team member for Maya Road, also Design Diva and a Colour Expert team member for Australian Scrapbook Creations Magazine and was named 2009 Australian Scrapbooking Industry Commerical designer. Angella loves to do love to create whimsical out of the box projects. She have been teaching all down the eastern side Australia and meeting heaps of wonderful crafty people. http://4ft9inchcreator.typepad.com/
Angella will be teaching her Soar Free in 3D Class where you will learn to take a chipboard album and turn it into a 3 dimensional centerpiece. Learn to use Maya Road chipboard, twine, woods, trims and more in a unique way.
Each of the teachers will be bringing their style of work and incorporating it into a 3 hour Journey where you will learn new ways of working with Maya Road products along with other products. They will share with you some tips and tricks to make your Artistic Journey a success.
What Does The Event Schedule Look Like?
The tentative event schedule is as follows; you will get a schedule of your class/location when you sign in.
- October 5th 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Sign In
- October 5th 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm – Meet & Greet, Make ‘n Takes, Shopping
- October 6th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – First class
- October 6th 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm – Lunch
- October 6th 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm – Second Class
- October 6th 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm – Free time for dinner or shopping
- October 7th 9:30 am to 12:30 pm – Third Class
- October 7th 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Lunch
- October 7th 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Free time for shopping
When Is The Event Scheduled And What Will You Get For The Price?
The Artistic Journey will begin on October 5th (around 2 pm) and end on October 7th (around 3 pm), 2012 at the home of The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, TX (approximately 30 minutes south of downtown Dallas).
Cost of the Artistic Journey 2012 is $295.00.
Included in this $295.00 price are:
- Three 3 hour classes with 3 teachers from the Maya Road Design Team
- Class kits chock full of delish scrapbooking products (just bring your basics)
- Full color instructions of each project to take home
- Meet and greet with all the teachers
- Exclusive Make and Take with all the teachers, one of the Maya Road Partners and the Owner of The Crafty Scrapper on Friday evening
- Snacks throughout the Journey
- Catered or box lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Hors d’oeuvres during the Make and Take Event on Friday evening
- A goodie bag with over $60 in product (including exclusive AJ items)
- A special online social group on Facebook set up so you can ‘meet’ the teachers two months before the Journey begins
- Special shopping promotions at The Crafty Scrapper during the Journey
- Photos taken during the event will be provide in a picasa album you can download
- A chance for fun giveaways given out durning the event and also in class
- Exclusives you will only be able to purchase at AJ from Maya Road
- Challenges before the event complete with Maya Road goodies for finishing the challenges
What About Accommodations and Travel?
Attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements to the event. If you are flying, you can fly into the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) or Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL). Both are located about 45 minutes from The Crafty Scrapper. All attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the airport, hotel and store.
The Crafty Scrapper has made special arrangements with The LaQuinta Inns and Suites in Waxahachie, TX. Rooms are only $79/night plus tax and includes free hot breakfast, wifi and more. Accommodations are the responsibility of the attendees. You can book the hotel by calling them directly and mentioning you are with the Crafty Scrapper AJ Event. This price is good through August 30th, 2012. The hotel is located about 3 miles from The Crafty Scrapper.
LaQuinta Inns and Suites in Waxahachie, TX
311 Stadium Dr
Waxahachie, TX 75165
What If I Need To Cancel?
If for some reason you cannot make the event, you are welcome to sell your ticket. Please let us know the details of the sale ASAP so we can make sure they are on the list.
If we have a waiting list, we will try to find someone to fill your spot. If we do find someone, we will refund your money for the event. We cannot guarantee a refund unless there is someone who can fill your spot.
What Can You Tell Me About The Crafty Scrapper Store?
The Crafty Scrapper is located in beautiful downtown Waxahachie, Texas. The Crafty Scrapper has been around for 6 years and has over 4200 square feet of scrapbooking, stamping, mixed media, metal and soldering goodness. We try and cater to all types of crafters with a plethora of unique classes. As one of Maya Road’s biggest fans, we have an extensive selection of Maya Road products perfect for your Artistic Journey.
What If I Have More Questions?
Feel free to call the store at 972-923-3151 or email Carolyn at email@example.com with AJ Question in the Subject Line.