Celebrate Cupcake Picks
Here is a project even the kids could help you create. Baking, icing and decorating cupcakes is always fun no matter the age. I think a few dozen cupcakes accented with this cupcake topper and displayed on a table would be adorable. You know your guests will love snagging these treats. You could even type or print different words describing your July 4th celebration. Below is a list of words I compiled that certainly describes this very important holiday.
Britain, Colonies, Jefferson, Declaration, Independence, Fourth, July, Philadelphia, Freedom, Nation, Thirteen, Hancock, Continental, Congress, Red, White, Blue, Stars, Stripes, Anthem, Flag, Liberty, Betsy Ross, America, United, States, Honor, Memory, Constitution, Loyalty, Memorial, Franklin
Patterned Paper: Melissa Frances (Caleb, Daniel)
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink (Creamy Brown)
Self Adhesive Pearls: Melissa Frances (White)
Martha Stewart Seal Punch
Scor-Pal or bone folder
Adhesive (strong liquid glue)
Hot Glue Gun
1. Using a paper trimmer cut a strip of Melissa Frances Caleb patterned paper to .75″ x 12″
2. Scor the entire .75″ x 12″ strip at every ½ inch. If you have a Scor-Pal this makes the process much easier.
3. Fold the scored strip so it looks like an accordion
4. Using a strong liquid glue, glue the ends of your .75″ x 12″ strip together
5. Using a Hot Glue Gun add a small amount of hot glue to the front and back center of your paper rosette.
6. Using a Martha Stewart Seal Punch, punch a seal out of Melissa Frances Daniel patterned paper. Attach a Self Adhesive Pearl to the front center of your Seal
7. Using a small amount of strong liquid glue attach the seal to the center of your paper rosette
8. Using a small amount of strong liquid glue attach a toothpick to the back of your paper rosette in one of the peaks of the accordion folds.
9. Create a mini banner by typing or printing your sentiment onto white cardstock, ink edges using ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink (Creamy Brown), adhere to toothpick.
10. Place “Celebrate” cupcake pick into your cupcake
Wishing you all a Happy July 4th!