Flocked Flower Accent Pin
Ok I do have to admit… even though I love winter and the cold weather that comes along with it I do love Spring and Summer and all the colors. The heat I can do without but the colors I really do enjoy. This flocked flower accent pin is just a little something that can brighten up a necklace by attaching it to the side of a chain, or accenting a simple cuff bracelet by pinning it to a piece of lace or trim and tying it around your wrist. This little piece has so many wonderful possibilities.
Supplies Used: White Flocked Flower Bunch (Vintage Street Market), Copic Marker – YR31 Light Reddish Yellow, Diamond Stickles, Cream Felt, Brown and White Baker’s Twine, Cream Self Adhesive 2mm Pearl, Fabric Tac, Pin Back
Tools Needed: Scissors, Stylus
- Remove one small bunch of flocked flowers from the larger bunch. The small bunch will have 5 flocked flowers.
- Using a Copic Marker color all the white areas of the flocked flower bunch.
- Accent the edges of each flower and center using Diamond Stickles, let dry.
- Using scissors cut three small leaves out of cream felt.
- Using Fabri Tac attach the leaves to the base of the thick base not the wire base. Let dry. Make sure when you are attaching the leaves that you over lap the leaves a bit.
- Wrap the wire end around the metal part of a stylus to curl the wire.
- Tie a bow out of brown and white baker’s twine and attach to the base of the leaves using Fabric Tac.
- Accent the center of the bow with a self adhesive pearl.
- Attach a pin back to the back of the flocked flower accent.
The cute lace piece that I placed the pin on is a little something mom brought up to me to use in my blog photos. You will be seeing this piece quite often. The color is gorgeous, the size is perfect and the design well it’s exquisite. Thanks again, Mom!