Another fun Blog Bounce
If you are coming here from Francine Clouden’s blog glad you’re here! If not, make sure you check out all those participating in this months blog bounce as it is so fun to see how everyone interpreted the theme “Favorite Treat”. And since spring is just around the corner I thought I would share with you one of our families favorite spring treats.
I’ve been making these “Bird Nest” cupcakes since I was a little girl with my Mom. To me it just does not seem like spring if I don’t make them. I’ve made these with my girls each Easter and will most likely make them every Easter even when the girls no longer live at home. They are just a part of my childhood I like to reflect on each year. Below is a layout I created to document this sweet tradition.
All it takes is a batch of cooked cupcakes, white icing, green food coloring, a small bag of shredded coconut and a bag of jelly beans.
- Place the icing in a bowl and mix with green food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Next add green food coloring to about half a small bag of shredded coconut and mix until you achieve the desired green.
- Apply the green icing to the top of each cupcake
- Apply the green coconut on top of the icing
- Add 3 jelly beans to the center of the coconut for the eggs
- Now enjoy!
Now bounce on over to Michelle Coleman’s blog to see how she interpreted this months theme “Favorite Treat”. Just click on the badge below. Also, I want to apologize for my lack of blogging. My computer is deader than dead. Alan is having to put in a new hard drive. Wish him luck. Hopefully, I will be up and running full force again soon. I miss my blog friends terribly.