I created this banner nearly a year ago for last years CHA-S. I love it so much that I thought I would share with you a tutorial on how to recreate it. I love the combination of the pale pink paint and vintage sheet music as well as the German glass glitter, crepe paper, Platinum Stickles and trims. I guess it is safe to say I love it all.
Supplies Needed: Maya Road Mixed Scallop Triangle Banner Album, Maya Road Philadelphia Uppercase Alphabet, Maya Road Silver Metallic Mist, Vintage Sheet Music, Platinum Stickles, Pink Crepe Paper, 5mm Self Adhesive Pearls, Fine Silver German Glass Glitter, White Tulle, Brown and White Baker’s Twine, White Seam Binding, Embroidery Floss (color does not matter) ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, Glossy Accents
Tools Used: Paintbrush, Scallop Scissors (Fiskars Cloud), Pinking Shears, Sewing Needle, Glue Stick, Craft Knife, Craft Mat, Sanding Block, Scissors, Martha Stewart Punch (looks like a seal), Sewing Machine (Optional)
- Paint the scallops as shown above as well as the back of all 4 scallop pages, let dry.
- Cover the 4 triangle pages using vintage sheet music, using a craft knife cut out the holes at the top of the banner page, sand the edges of each page using a sanding block
- Accent the edges of each page using creamy brown ink.
- Accent the edges of each page using Platinum Stickles, let dry.
- Mist each letter using metallic silver mist, apply glossy accents onto each letter then add fine silver German glass glitter on top, tap off excess, let dry.
- Create two crepe paper flowers, trim each flower using pinking shears, trim one flower so it is smaller than the other.
- Attach the smaller crepe paper flower on top of the second as shown above.
- Using a Martha Stewart punch, punch a circle out of vintage sheet music, accent the edges using Platinum Stickles, let dry then attach to the center of the crepe paper flower. You will need to repeat these steps 4 times – one flower for each banner page.
- Using scallop scissors cut three strips the length of the top portion of the triangle banner page.
- Ink the edges of the scallop strips using creamy brown ink.
- Using a sewing machine stitch a zig zag strip across the top of the stacked paper strips.
- Accent the scallops on the second layer using 5mm cream colored self adhesive pearls
- Cut tulle, twine and seam binding to create a hanger for each end of the banner and to attach the scallop banner pages together.
- Attach the sheet music triangle banner pages to all 4 scallop pages, attach layered scallop strips to the top of each triangle banner page, attach the crepe paper flowers to the center of each triangle banner page, attach one glittered letter to the center of each crepe paper flower.
- Accent the point of each triangle banner using a medium sized cream colored self adhesive pearl.
And if you are wondering just who Lola is well…. wonder no more. My daughter and son-in-law love their little Lola.