Twisted Crepe Paper Rose
This sweet rose embellishment is perfect to use as an accent on any project or card. I think it would be gorgeous on a birthday, thinking of you or Mother’s Day card. This rose is really simple to make and I see an addiction headed my way as I just cannot seem to make enough of them right now. I guess the addiction is already here.
Tools Needed: Scissors, Fiskars Large Scallop Squeeze Punch – Seal Of Approval
- Using a Scallop Punch, punch one scallop circle out of an old book page.
- Ink the edges using a creamy brown ink.
- Accent the scalloped edge of the circle using Platinum Stickles. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of crepe paper streamer to 12″ in length, fold in half length wise.
- Starting at one end begin rolling the crepe paper tightly with the folded edge on top. You want the rolled portion to look like the center of a semi opened rose.
- Holding the flower in your left hand and the folded crepe paper strip in your right, begin twisting the crepe paper and wrap around the center forming a circle until the entire piece has been twisted. My finished rose measures approx. 1″ in diameter.
- Apply a liquid adhesive to the back of the crepe paper rose and attach it to the center of the scallop circle.
- Attach two felt leaves with a strong adhesive as shown above.
- Accent the top of the crepe paper rose using Diamond Stickles and 3 self adhesive pearls.