Vintage Postcard Easter Ornaments
If you are creating the Easter Ornaments I am posting here are a few more for your tree. I love vintage postcard images… especially Easter ones. I really think I was born in the wrong time period.
Supplies Used: Maya Road Foundation Chipboard Set, Maya Mist – Silver Metallic, German Glass Glitter – Silver, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, Glossy Accents, Diamond Stickles, Copic Ciao Marker RV13 Tender Pink, Self Adhesive Cream colored Pearls – 2mm & 5mm, Brown & White Baker’s Twine, Aleene’s Acid Free Tacky Glue Stick, Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue, Vintage Easter Postcard Images, Vintage Sheet Music (The Crafty Scrapper most likely has a lot of this product if you need to order online… give them a call 972.923.3151)
Tools Used: Craft Knife, Craft Mat, Sanding Block
- Cover the inside portion of the foundation pieces with vintage Easter postcard images, sand the edges and ink them using creamy brown ink.
- Mist the frame portion of each foundation piece using Maya Mist Silver Metallic, cover the misted area with glossy accents, pour German glass glitter onto the wet glossy accents, tap off excess glitter, set aside to dry.
- Replace the center of each foundation piece back into the matching glittered frame, apply adhesive to the back and attach vintage sheet music to each foundation piece, sand the edges, ink with creamy brown ink
- Using a strong liquid adhesive attach a hanger made from brown and white baker’s twine to the top of each foundation piece, let dry.
- Create a bow from the brown and white baker’s twine and attach at the base of each hanger using a strong liquid adhesive, let dry.
- Accent the Easter images using Diamond Stickles, let dry.
- Color cream 5mm self adhesive pearl with copic marker. Attach pearls to top of each foundation piece as shown.
And look what we in Frisco woke up to this morning….. certainly does not look like Spring. But so glad Mother Nature gave me one last hurrah for winter. I love winter. We got 6″ of snow.