Sweet Treat Cup
Crepe paper and pipe cleaners… can it get much sweeter? For me, no.
Here is a treat cup tutorial that will fit on an Easter tree if you shorten the handle a bit from what is shown here. Or you could score major brownie points by placing one of these little cuties on your co-workers desk filled with a few candy eggs, a chocolate Easter bunny, wrapped in cellophane and tied with a seam binding bow. You could also make several and use them as placecards for an Easter brunch. Pure sweetness I think.
Supplies Used: White Nut & Party Cups (can be found in the Cake Section of large craft stores), Pink Crepe Paper Streamer, Maya Road Pink Ruffle Edge Trim, Jenni Bowlin Pink Embellished Butterflies, Fabri-Tac, Embroidery Floss (any light color as it will not be seen), Silver Pipe cleaner
Tools Needed: Scallop Scissors, Sewing Needle, Hot Glue Gun
- Cut a piece of crepe paper streamer 12″ in length, fold in half length wise, while still folded trim open edge using scallop scissors.
- Open crepe paper streamer, thread a sewing needle with 3 strand of embroidery floss, start gathering the crepe paper down the center (the crease from your fold should be visible to use as a guide) once you reach the opposite end space gathers so that the crepe paper ruffle wraps all around the treat cup.
- Attach the crepe paper ruffle onto the treat cup. Note: Apply adhesive along the center stitched area.
- Cut a piece of Pink Ruffle Edge Trim long enough to wrap around the center of the attached crepe paper ruffle. Attach the trim to the crepe paper ruffle using Fabri-Tac.
- Attach one Jenni Bowlin Pink Embellishment Butterfly onto the Pink Ruffle Edge Trim. Note: The butterfly should look centered on the front of the treat cup.
- Using a hot glue gun attach a Silver Pipe Cleaner on the inside of the treat cup to form your handle.
- Fill with shredded book pages and sweet treats.
Here’s to a day of happy creating!