Altered Prima Bottle
This looks so much prettier in person. I wish you could see all the sparkle. It is hard to photograph it well so that you can see the entire thing. Anyway, I had fun getting my fingers messy today. Not something I usually do as I am a super neat scrapper and have never liked having my hands dirty… never, ever, ever. And I passed that gene right on to my Sweet Pea Terri. That girl does not get dirty either. I wish I could have my son-in-law share with you the story of their first camping trip. He is a Saint is all I have to say, I have never laughed so hard!
I hope you enjoy today’s project. Trying to think of something to make for tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be small and neat. Two days of messy just might throw me over the edge.
Supplies Used: Prima “Got Flowers” Bottle, Book Pages, Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage – Glossy, Aleene’s Tacky Glue, Fine German Glass Glitter – Silver, 1″ Memory Frame, 1″ Memory Glass, Ledger Paper, Vintage Sheet Music, Heidi Swapp Bling Borders (gosh am I gonna ever be sad when my stash is used up), Piece of an old necklace, Flower Embellishment, Seam Binding – White, Maya Road Vintage Pearl Pins, Maya Road Dangling Chandelier Bead, Fibers, Silk Flower, Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter, Brown & White Baker’s Twine
Tools Needed: Paintbrush, Scissors
- Tear two book pages into pieces
- Using a paintbrush apply instant decoupage onto an empty bottle, place torn book pages onto wet decoupage, apply decoupage on top of book page, continue doing this until the entire bottle is covered. Let dry.
- Using a paintbrush apply Aleene’s Tacky glue around the rim of the bottle, apply German glass glitter over the wet adhesive, let dry.
- Once the glue is dry attach rhinestones around the center of the glittered top.
- Alter Memory Frame with necklace piece, chandelier bead, flower, baker’s twine and rhinestones.
- Place vintage sheet music on the inside front and ledger paper on the inside back
- Wrap white seam binding around the bottle, tie the altered memory frame onto the seam binding and tie a bow. Place two vintage pearl pins into the bow.
- Accent the center of a silk flower with a rhinestone button. Place flower into a small piece of styrofoam to secure, decoupage book pages over the styrofoam. While the decoupage is still wet apply crystal coarse glitter on top, tap off excess and let dry.
- Attach a small tag to the flowers stem with the sentiment of your choice.