Altered Paper Mache Box
How sweet will this be filled with a little Easter surprise? I love surprises and think this altered egg shaped paper mache box is perfect to hold that special Easter something.
Supplies Needed: Small Egg Shaped Paper Mache Box, Vintage Easter Postcard Image, Folk Art 526 Soft Apple Acrylic Paint, Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage – Glossy, Martha Stewart Crafts Crystal Coarse Glitter, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, Maya Road Vintage Crochet White Zig Zag Trim, Pale Pink Seam Binding, Fabri-Tac, Maya Road Clear Jewel Pins, Copic Ciao Markers RV13 Tender Pink & G21 Lime Green, 3mm Rhinestones, 5mm Self Adhesive Pearl
Tools Used: Scissors, Pencil, Paintbrush
- Using a paintbrush paint the entire paper mache box, let dry.
- Lightly ink the painted box using Creamy Brown ink. Note: You just want a slight distressed look to your box.
- Trace the lid onto a vintage postcard Easter image, cut out. Ink the edges of the postcard using Creamy Brown ink.
- Using a paintbrush apply instant decoupage to the back of the vintage postcard Easter image, attach to the top of the lid, let dry.
- Using a paintbrush apply instant decoupage to the top of the vintage postcard Easter image, while still wet generously apply crystal coarse glitter, tap off excess, let dry.
- Cut a piece of white Vintage Crochet Zig Zag Trim long enough to wrap around the side section of the lid, apply Fabri-Tac to the trim and attach to the side area of the lid, let dry. Note: Make sure your start and end points are where you want to place your seam binding bow.
- Create a small bow out of pale pink seam binding. Using Fabri-Tac attach the bow over the area where the two ends of your zig zag trim meet.
- Color two jewel pins using the Ciao Copic Markers listed in the supply list. Accent the top of each pin using a 3mm rhinestone. Make sure you use a strong liquid adhesive.
- Place pins in the center of the seam binding bow. Accent the center of the bow with a 5mm self adhesive pearl.