Altered Paper Mache Box
I tell ya cleaning out my scraproom has allowed me to find some things I had forgotten all about having. This paper mache butterfly box was stashed away deep down in a drawer and these bunny picks where hanging in a bag that had been pushed way back in the closet. Putting the two together sure did make for a super cute altered box. I’m so glad I found them.
Supplies Used: Butterfly Shaped Paper Mache Box, Book Pages, Stamens, Creamy Brown Ink, Rabbit Pick, Krylon Silver Leafing Pen, Strong Liquid Adhesive, Glue Stick, Craft Knife, Craft Mat, Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage – Glossy, Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter, MM Manila Acrylic Paint
Tools Needed: Paintbrush, Scissors
- Apply glue stick adhesive to the top of the paper mache box then cover with an old book page, sand and ink the edges.
- Apply glue stick adhesive to the side of the paper mache top then cover with the blank margin area from an old book page, sand and ink the edges.
- Using a paintbrush apply instant decoupage to the top of the paper mache lid, apply crystal coarse glitter, tap off excess, let dry.
- Create 5 flowers out of old book pages as shown in my book “Delight In The Details” on page 111.
- Using a Krylon Silver Leafing pen completely cover one Rabbit pick, once dry, apply instant decoupage over entire rabbit, apply crystal coarse glitter, tap off excess, let dry. Once dry cut off pick end.
- Using a strong adhesive attach the rabbit to the center of the paper mache lid.
- Using a strong liquid attach the 5 book page flowers around the rabbit.
- Paint the outer box portion of the paper mache box Manila, let dry
- Once the paint is dry ink around the box using Creamy Brown ink.
- Using a paintbrush apply instant decoupage to the painted area of your box, apply crystal coarse glitter, tap off excess, let dry.
- Glue three flocked flowers in the rabbit’s basket.