Open Call for Layouts…
If you set a goal this year to get some layouts published here is a great open call for you to submit to. I feel Memory Makers Books is a wonderful place to start. As you know all kinds of wonderful things have happened to me in the publication world with this company (Pet Pages Unleashed, Organizing Your Scrapbook Supplies (Ask the Masters!), Memory Makers Master’s 08 and Delight in the Details.
Remember this, you can’t get published if you never submit.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me or post a comment in this entry as others just might have the same question. Believe me I didn’t wake up one morning knowing how to do all this… people gave me suggestions, a slight push and many a word of encouragement along the way. Caroline, Jessica, Lisa, Suzy, Wendy, and many a 2Peas Pub Member were instrumental in my success. So now it is my turn to pay it forward.
Memory Makers Books: Call for Layouts!
Memory Makers Books is currently looking for layouts, which will be published in an upcoming idea book, tentatively titled The Big Book of Scrapbook Ideas.
This new Memory Makers gallery book will showcase fantastic layout ideas on all kinds of themes like family, holidays, special events, vacations and more. The new book will feature more than 500 layouts, so we’re looking for a variety of pages, highlighting all sort of styles, skill levels, colors, products, photos and techniques.
Please submit your layouts on the following themes:
• Family time and special family/friend relationships
• Babies, kids and pets
• Hobbies and careers
• Hopes and dreams, faith, and other personal themes
• Holidays and special occasions
• Sports and other fun activities
We accept layouts in any of the following sizes and formats:
• 12 x 12 single and double
• 8.5 x 11 single and double
• Traditional, hybrid and digital
We are especially interested in pages that have multiple photos.
The payment for publication of your artwork is a free copy of the book.
Instructions for Submission
Deadline for submissions: March 15, 2010
* Send .jpgs no larger than 300K to email@example.com March 15, 2010. (You can take a digital picture of your layout(s) or scan the layout, and e-mail it to us as jpg.)
* Include your name, address and e-mail address with your submissions. Submissions without this information will not be accepted.
* Submissions must be never-before-seen, never posted in an online gallery and never published
* Submissions are limited to 10 per person
*If your page(s) is chosen, you will be notified via e-mail by March 30, 2010 with further instructions (including how to mail in original artwork).
Questions about submission guidelines can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.