Snow Day Tag
With all the snow lots of my friends seem to be having as of late I thought this might be a fun project to document their snow days. This tag can be used as an ornament for the tree or for an accent in any room of your house.
I have always loved this photo of my Mom back in 1957. Salem, West Virginia, where my mom grew up had a snow storm that winter that left her little town looking like a winter wonderland. Her dog poochie loved playing outside with her in the snow as you can see from the photo. I find it kind of amusing that Mom and Dad had the same knickname growing up of “Dickie” and their dogs had the same name of “Poochie”.
Maya Road Oval Scallop Coaster Album
Maya Road Bethany Mini Chipboard Alphabet
Maya Road Mini Snowflakes Chipboard Set
Maya Road Hanging Chandelier Beads
Matching Solid Cardstock
Platinum and Diamond Stickles
Fine German Glass Glitter – Silver
Adirondack Metallic Paint Dabber – Silver
Adirondack Metallic Paint Dabber – Pearl
White Crepe Paper Streamer
White Seam Binding
Embroidery Floss (any color)
Clear Drying Liquid Adhesive
Craft Knife/Craft Mat
Small Scallop Scissors
- Using a glue stick apply adhesive to the front of two oval scallop pages and attach to your patterned paper.
- Using a craft knife and craft mat carefully cut around the oval scallop pages, sand the edges using a sanding block.
- Apply a clear drying liquid adhesive along the edges of the scallop coaster and generously apply glitter, let dry.
- Accent around the inside portion of the scallop with Platinum Stickles dots, let dry.
- Attach rhinestones to the center of some snowflakes on the patterned paper
- Gather a piece of white crepe paper streamers cut to approximately 18″ in lenght, thread a sewing needle with three strands of embroidery floss (any color will be fine as it will not show) begin gathering at one end and continue to the opposite end. Once finished gathering space the crepe paper evenly so it fits onto the chipboard piece as shown above. Attach it to the back of the front oval scallop.
- Cut a piece of white seam binding to create your hanger. Using a strong liquid adhesive attach the hanger to the back of the chipboard page.
- Using a strong liquid adhesive attach the second oval scallop page to the back. Basically you are sandwiching the gathered crepe paper in between the two chipboard pages.
- Trim the edges using pinking shears then accent the edges using Platinum Stickles.
- Paint a mini chipboard snowflake with silver metallic paint, let dry.
- Cover the painted snowflake with a clear drying liquid adhesive, generously apply fine German silver glass glitter, tap off excess, let dry. Attach a rhinestone to the center of the glittered snowflake.
- Paint mini chipboard letters white, let dry.
- Apply a clear drying liquid adhesive on top of each letter, generously apply glitter, tap off excess, let dry.
- Create a hanger and bow using white seam binding.
- Create a mat for your photo using a solid piece of cardstock, accent the edges using scallop scissors, attach your photo to the mat.
- Now attach the photo, glittered snowflake, glittered letters, seam binding and hanging chandelier piece as shown.
- Create your journaling strips, accent the edges using Diamond Stickles, let dry. Once dry attach to the scallop tag.