12 Day Advent Pocket Calendar #4
We are getting so close to finishing up our calendar. I might share a peak of how mine looks with all the tags together… still trying to decide… I might just make you wait. And make sure you check back tomorrow as I am going to have the instructions on how I created this cute ornament. That snowman makes me so happy. Thanks Debby for asking me to participate in your 12 Days of Home for the Holidays.
- Stamp image onto heavy weight white cardstock, ink on top of stamped image using Distress Ink, lightly color image using jewel tone chalks.
- Place glossy accents onto the back of a Fragments Charm and attach to stamped image. Using Alcohol Ink, ink the top of the Fragments Charm, accent the Fragments Charm with Distress Stickles, let dry. Once the Distress Stickles is dry apply a clear drying adhesive to the edge of the Fragments Charm and apply Gold German Glass Glitter to the edge, let dry. Once dry tie a piece of green seam binding on top.
- Cover the front top half of a 1 3/8″ x 2 3/4″ office tag with patterned paper, fold the end up to create a pocket, cover the folded part of the pocket with patterned paper, stitch around the tag to secure the pocket, distress the edges, ink the edges using ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, apply Silver German Glass Glitter randomly to the edges of the pocket.
- Attach a vintage button to the top center of the tag.
- Using a paintbrush apply Elmer’s No Run School Glue all over the top, generously apply my Glistening Snow Glitter mixture over the wet adhesive, tap off excess and let dry. Once dry attach a pearl to the center of the glittered flower.
- Accent the tag using the glittered Hydrangea and the altered Fragments Charm.
- Cut a piece of Kraft paper and create a strip to write one fun holiday thing to do that day, fold in half and place inside the pocket.
The White Seam Binding and Hydrangea are included in my “Holiday Sweet Treats” packet. When you purchase a “Holiday Sweet Treats” packet and my “Glistening Snow Glitter” Mixture at the same time I include a few extra surprise embellishments.
Supplies Used: Tim Holtz idea-ology Fragments Charms, Gloss Accents, Heavy Weight White Cardstock, Archival Ink – Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tea Dye, Adirondack Alcohol Ink – Latte, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Peeled Paint – Fired Brick, Broken China, Scattered Straw, Reusable Non Stick Craft Sheet, Ink Blending Tool, Pebbles I kan’dee Chalks - Jewel Tones, Jenni Bowlin Old School Alpha Minis - Black, daisyd’s patterned paper, Vintage Button, White Seam Binding, Hydrangea Flower, Silver and Gold German Glass Glitter, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, Self Adhesive Pearl, Glistening Snow Glitter
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #1
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #2
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #3
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #5
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #9
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #10
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #11
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #12