12 Day Advent Pocket Calendar #6
We are so close to finishing up this 12 Day Advent Pocket Calendar. I find this a fun way to keep the holidays going during Ansley’s winter break and it helps with the sting of having to go back to school… just a little something to look forward to each day after Christmas. And I decided to give you a peek at how I am arranging the pockets. This is far from being finished as I need to add some trim and other embellishments but at least this way you can see the method to my madness. Just two empty spots left to fill. I love how today’s pocket worked out… the little jester doll looks as though he is throwing a snowball.. too cute!
- Stamp image onto heavy weight white cardstock, ink on top of stamped image using Distress Ink, lightly color image using jewel tone chalks.
- Place glossy accents onto the back of a Fragments Charm and attach to stamped image. Using Alcohol Ink, ink the top of the Fragments Charm, accent the Fragments Charm with Distress Stickles, let dry. Once the Distress Stickles is dry apply a clear drying adhesive to the edge of the Fragments Charm and apply Gold German Glass Glitter to the edge, let dry. Once dry tie a piece of green seam binding on top.
- Cover the front top half of a 1 3/8″ x 2 3/4″ office tag with patterned paper, fold the end up to create a pocket, cover the folded part of the pocket with patterned paper, stitch around the tag to secure the pocket, distress the edges, ink the edges using ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, apply Silver German Glass Glitter randomly to the edges of the pocket.
- Attach a vintage button to the top center of the tag.
- Accent the tag using a Red Dresden Border, Metallic Pom Pom and the altered Fragments Charm.
- Cut a piece of Kraft paper and create a strip to write one fun holiday thing to do that day, fold in half and place inside the pocket.
The Red Seam Binding and Metallic Pom Pom (color will vary silver, red or green) are in my “Holiday Sweet Treats” packet. When you purchase a “Holiday Sweet Treats” packet and my “Glistening Snow Glitter” Mixture (only one left) at the same time I include a few extra surprise embellishments.
Supplies Used: Tim Holtz idea-ology Fragments Charms, Gloss Accents, Heavy Weight White Cardstock, Archival Ink – Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Tea Dye, Adirondack Alcohol Ink – Latte, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Peeled Paint – Scattered Straw, Reusable Non Stick Craft Sheet, Ink Blending Tool, Pebbles I kan’dee Chalks – Jewel Tones, Jenni Bowlin Old School Alpha Minis – Black, daisyd’s patterned paper, Vintage Button, Red Seam Binding, Metallic Pom Pom, Silver and Gold German Glass Glitter, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, Gold Self Adhesive Gems, Red Dresden Border
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #1
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #2
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #3
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #4
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #5
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #9
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #10
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #11
12 Day Advent Calendar Pocket #12