12 Day Advent Pocket Calendar Pocket #11
For the next several weeks I will be posting 12 altered pockets that when finished and put together will create a 12 Day Advent Pocket Style Calendar. I hope you decide to play along as you too will end up with an adorable calendar. This project is still in the works and is an idea I have so I will not have a complete supply list for you a head of time, just supplies used for that days pocket. I like to try to create something each day and think this will be a fun project to have in the works. I already stamped my images and accented my Fragments Charms so which ever charm pocket I feel like working on and finishing that day is the one you will see the next. It is fun to have a little randomness in my fairly structured day.
- Stamp image onto heavy weight white cardstock, ink on top of stamped image using Distress Ink, lightly color image using jewel tone chalks.
- Place glossy accents onto the back of a Fragments Charm and attach to stamped image. Using Alcohol Ink, ink the top of the Fragments Charm, accent the Fragments Charm with rhinestones and Distress Stickles, let dry. Once the Distress Stickles is dry apply a clear drying adhesive to the edge of the Fragments Charm and apply Gold German Glass Glitter to the edge, let dry. Once dry tie a piece of red seam binding on top.
- Cover the front top half of a Size 5 – 4 3/4″ x 2 3/8″ office tag with patterned paper, fold the end up to create a pocket, cover the folded part of the pocket with patterned paper, stitch around the tag to secure the pocket, distress the edges, ink the edges using ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown, apply Silver German Glass Glitter randomly to the edges of the pocket.
- Attach a vintage button to the top center of the tag, accent the tag using lace, a holy pick and the altered Fragments Charm
- Cut a piece of Kraft paper and create a strip to write one fun holiday thing to do that day, fold in half and place inside the pocket.
Stamps (listed below), gold deer (will use), cardinal (will use) and holy pick are from Red Lead Paperworks, Red and Green Seam Binding, Red and White Baker’s Twine and other accents that will be used in this project are from my “Holiday Sweet Treats” packet
Supplies Used: Tim Holtz idea-ology Fragments Charms, Gloss Accents, Heavy Weight White Cardstock, Archival Ink – Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Tea Dye, Adirondack Alcohol Ink – Latte, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Peeled Paint – Fired Brick – Antique Linen, Broken China, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Reusable Non Stick Craft Sheet, Ink Blending Tool, Pebbles I kan’dee Chalks – Jewel Tones, Jenni Bowlin Old School Alpha Minis – Black – Red, daisyd’s Santa’s Delivery, Vintage Lace, Vintage Button, Red Seam Binding, Holy Pick, Twine, Silver and Gold German Glass Glitter, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink – Creamy Brown
Stamps Used: Domino Darling Deer, Domino Have A Happy Christmas, Domino 2 Chickadees, Domino Angels, Domino Artist Santa, Domino Up On The Housetop, A Inchie Rubber Stamp Set Merry Christmas