Vintage Doily Basket…
I think this doily basket is the perfect size to hold items for a fun filled vintage themed holiday swap. Once filled and wrapped in cellophane then tied with red and white baker’s twine and accented with holly leaves and berries… well you have a perfect gift.
If a vintage holiday swap is not in your future this vintage doily basket would also look sweet sitting on a co-workers desk filled with peppermints or other holiday candies. Several hanging on a feather tree filled with goodies would be cute too… as you can see there are lots of possibilities for this sweet basket.
- Completely saturate a Cotton Crocheted Doily using Aleene’s Stiffen Quick.
- Place the wet doily over the cap of a 32 oz. Gatorade bottle (this is the perfect size for this doily) secure the doily on top of the cap by twisting a rubber band around the side of the cap and doily, let dry.
- Once completely dry, thread red seam binding around the sides of the doily just underneath the lip of the scallops, tie the ends into a bow to secure the seam binding in place.
- Using wire cutters cut a piece of gold tinsel to 8″ in length, thread 7 gold mercury glass beads onto the tinsel.
- To create the hanger for the basket attach a small portion of each end of the gold tinsel around the red seam binding then twist the ends to secure the tinsel onto the basket.
And when the items are removed from the basket the receiver will find this cute little surprise at the bottom… several scalloped punched vintage Christmas images that have been accented with Golden Rod Stickles. These are perfect to accent cards and other holiday items.
And tomorrow I will be sharing with you something very exciting for me… the cover of my book. I cannot believe the day has finally come that I can show you a bit of what I have worked so hard on for nearly 2 years.