And for you, SURPRISE another Christmas project. I have a feeling this year Old Fashioned Mica Snowflakes are going to be on everything! For the time being this little gem will sit in my curio cabinet until I can find it’s perfect little holiday spot. I love how the light catches the glitter, tinsel and mica snowflakes… it is so sparkly.
Tomorrow, I will share a little project that will make the cutest holiday swap gift.
- First pull out the cord hanger on the ornament as you will not need it.
- Paint a cube shaped paper mache ornament using a Manila colored acrylic paint. Once dry ink lightly the edges using ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown.
- While the ornament is drying bleach three different sized Bottle Brush trees (4.5″, 3.5″, 2.5″) I mix 2 parts water to 1 part bleach and let them just sit until completely bleached, then rinse them off well and let dry
- Paint the chipboard letters (N, O, E, L) using gold paint, once dry apply crackling medium, once dry apply Manila paint, let dry. Lightly apply ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown over the letters. Cover each letter using Instant Decoupage and generously apply coarse glitter, tap off excess, let dry
- Accent the edges of each letter using Golden Rod Stickles, let dry.
- Cute 6 squares of Vintage Sheet Music to cover each side of the ornament and attach using a glue stick type adhesive
- Using a hot glue gun attach a Vintage Gold Tinsel along the top and bottom edge of the ornament, trim off excess using wire cutters.
- Attach a letter to each side of the ornament using a strong adhesive. Next apply holly leaves and gold mercury glass beads in the lower right section of each letter
- Paint 4 small wooden spools or beads gold, once dry attach to each corner on the bottom of the ornament using a strong adhesive
- Now that the trees are dry lightly apply gold paint onto the tips of the bristles of each tree… I use a paint dabber for this. Apply liquid adhesive onto the trees and apply Old Fashioned Mica Snowflakes over each tree, tap off excess, let dry
- Using a strong liquid adhesive attach the trees to the top of the ornament. Create one bow each out of red, green and white seam binding and attach to each tree
- Draw three stars onto chipboard making sure they are small, medium and large, cut them out, paint them gold and glitter them using Fine Gold German Glass Glitter, let dry
- Attach the stars to the top of each tree
Supplies Used: Cube Shaped Paper Mache Ornament, Vintage Sheet Music, Maya Road Philadelphia Uppercase Chipboard Alphabet, Vintage Gold Tinsel, Holly Leaves, Gold Mercury Glass Beads, Bottle Brush Trees, Making Memories Acrylic Paint Manila, Gold Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabber, DecoArt Weathered Wood Crackling Medium, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Old Fashioned Mica Snowflakes, Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter, Fine Gold German Glass Glitter (also love their Fine Silver German Glass Glitter), Aleene’s Paper Glaze, Golden Rod Stickles, Red, Green, White Seam Binding, Small Wooden Spools, Matte Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage
I sure wish Santa would send some elves my way to clean up my scraproom. I have glitter, tinsel and scraps all over the place. You would think since I know him first hand I would have a little more pull but nope… looks like I will be cleaning this mess up all by myself.