Sewing Pattern Flower Tutorial…
This super easy tutorial has so many possibilities. If you don’t have access to a sewing pattern you could substitute it with coffee filters, old book pages, vintage sheet music, wallpaper or patterned paper. If you create one I hope you share your finished project. I would love to see how you use this flower. I think it would look great as a sweet pin for a hat or bag or as an embellishment for a card, layout or project. Such fun. Enjoy!
Sewing Pattern (purchased mine at a Thrift Store for super cheap)
1- Vintage Button
2 – Small Beads
Sizzix Die (Flower, Daisy #4)
Martha Stewart Seal Punch
- Cut a portion of your folded sewing pattern and folded pattern instructions just big enough to cover the flower portion of the Sizzix Flower Daisy #4 die. I left my pattern folded so I could get as many flower layers as possible.
- Crumple the stack of folded sewing pattern and folded pattern instructions in your hand.
- Separate the layers of the sewing pattern and sewing instructions and stack on top of each other alternating the layers between the sewing pattern and sewing instructions
- Using a sewing needle and embroidery floss attach your button. To add a little interest to your button sew a small bead to cover each button hole. To acheive this look bring your needle up through the button hole, place a bead onto your needle then go back down the same button hole. Repeat this in the next button hole.
- To finish the back punch a seal from the sewing instructions and attach it over the area you stitched your button.