Saturday I received a little package from a sweet friend that contained two Cuttlebug Cutting Die and Embossing Folders this being one of the ones I received. I must admit I was like a little kid on Christmas morning… I had to open it immediately and begin creating. And here is my finished creation. A simple butterfly embellishment to add to any project.
I hope you give this tutorial a try… just consider yourself warned.. you will become addicted.
Simply Stencils (Plaid)
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Bottle, Denim, Terra Cotta)
Liquid Pearls (Petal Pink)
Ice Stickles (Crystal Ice)
Butterflies Cut & Emboss Set (Cuttlebug)
Tombow Mono Vellum Adhesive
4 – Self Adhesive Pearls
Ink Applicator & Felt
- Trim Simply Stencil material to size of Cuttlebug Butterfly die and run through your Cuttlebug machine as instructed by manufacturer, repeat process one more time you will need two butterflies
- Place one cut Butterfly into embossing folder and run through your Cuttlebug machine as instructed by manufacturer, repeat one more time you will need both butterflies embossed. In the photo below you can see how the recessed and raised embossing looks… I decided to use the raised embossed side for my butterfly.
- Using an Ink Applicator place one drop each of three different Alcohol Inks onto the same felt pad, apply alcohol inks to one side of both butterflies. I inked the raised embossed side of my butterflies.
- Using a paintbrush apply Liquid Pearls (Pink Petal) on top of each butterfly, let dry
- Using Ice Stickles Crystal Ice lightly apply to the raised embossed areas of each butterfly, let dry
- Using scissors cut the antenna off of one butterfly. This will be the butterfly that is placed on the bottom.
- Using Tombow Mono Vellum Adhesive or other clear drying adhesive, apply this under the body portion of the butterfly that will be on the top (this should be the butterfly with the antenna still on) attach the remaining butterfly onto the back of the one with the adhesive. Bend the wings of the top butterfly up just a bit to give it dimension.
- Attach four Self Adhesive Pearls down the center of the butterfly to create it’s body.