Faux Mosaic Tag…
I’m going to try something new with my blog. Each week I am going to try my best to feature a fun and easy technique for you all to try. This week is going to be all about creating faux mosaics using patterned paper. This is a very simple technique that can be used on any project and with any theme.
To recreate this tag you will need: 1 Medium sized Office Tag, a 1″ square scallop punch by Martha Stewart, patterned papers by Webster Page’s and Tera Leigh’s Faux Mosaic Kit by Ranger, 1 Flower and some ribbon.
- Using a paint brush cover your project with Faux Mosaic Grout; let dry.
- Using a paint brush cover entire tag with Faux Mosaic Glue; let dry.
- Punch enough scallop squares to cover entire tag and arrange onto tag making sure to apply Faux Mosaic Glue to the back of each scallop square; let dry.
- Using a paint brush cover entire altered tag with Mosaic Glue; let dry.
- Using a paint brush cover each scallop square with Faux Mosaic Tile Glaze; let dry.
I hope you give this technique a try. I think any project using this technique will certainly be a cherished gift by it’s recipient.